THE HOPEFUL LIST
When I get down thinking about the suffering of so many of God's creatures, I make a list of things that give me hope. Here's my current list. I would love to hear from you too. What gives you a lift?
1) A surge in young people turning to vegetarianism.
2) Dr. Neal Barnard and the Physicians Committee on Responsible Medicine (more on that later)
3) Great vegetarian restaurants around the globe. Being able to travel and find vegetarian oases pretty much everywhere. Let's hear from you. Where do you love to eat?
4) Many vegetarian options in ordinary grocery stores make it easier to keep the compassionate diet.
5) Countless vegetarian websites
6) Many great vegetarian cookbooks (and uncook books!) What's your favorite?
7) The gratitude I feel toward my spiritual teachers who taught me the compassionate diet 27 years ago, and continue to give me inspiration today.
8) The joy that comes from knowing that I can be healthy without killing animals.
9) The fun of sharing great vegetarian food with my friends and family, (especially my dear husband)